Sunday, September 28, 2008

That Time of Year

Well its getting to be that time of year - the aromatic smells and comforting tastes of fall cooking will soon be upon us. Though most of the country is reluctantly trading in their tank tops and flip flops for sweaters and boots, we in South Florida tip toe around until the end of hurricane season and wait for the more enjoyable and comfortable weather that the winter brings. Though I must say, I do miss the apple picking and the colorful fall leaves up north, we can just as easily enjoy the fruits of fall right here. Pumpkins are now abundant in the supermarkets and the price of apples should begin to drop (yes the economy sucks but be positive!). And lets not forget squash - there are all sorts of wonderful butternut squash recipes (Raviolis, Lasagna, or just plain roasted) that I suggest you try. I will be sharing some of my favorite fall recipes shortly!

No comments: